EOPPEP is an all-encompassing national body, investing in enhancing the quality and efficiency of Vocational Education and Training (VET) and Life Long Learning (LLL) in Greece. Operates under the auspices of the Ministry of Education & Religious Affairs. EOPPEP Governance Board (BoD) comprises representatives of Education and Labor Ministries and Social Partners. EOPPEP is one of the main pillars of the inclusive reform of VET & LLL of the Hellenic Republic. It is represented in the Central Council for VET (KSEEK) and plays an active role in all key policies related to VET & LLL. It is also the national reference/contact point of the European Networks that administer qualification issues and European transparency and mobility tools (EQF, EQAVET, EUROPASS, EUROGUIDANCE, REFERNET, and ELGPN).
EOPPEP contributes to a holistic & integrated policy framework for a competitive economy and a more coherent and inclusive society, by:
- Linking education and training with the needs of the labor market
- Upgrading the professional qualifications of the workforce
- Developing and providing attractive, effective, and qualitative VET and Lifelong Learning (LLL) services
Link national VET policy with labor market trends and respond to citizens’ needs, in accordance with the EU policy framework for VET and LLL.
Beneficiaries & Target Groups
- VET & LLL providers, awarding bodies, career guidance services & counselors
- IVET graduates, adult trainers, and professionals pursuing upskilling, reskilling, and formal recognition of qualifications
- VET policy makers and sector stakeholders